Okay.. call us crazy but we dined at Coca Chu not once, not twice.. but three times!~ and we were only there for a week! Great for couples (which was what we did on the Mon and Wed) and with friends (met up with friends and ended up being the last table to leave the restaurant!).
Loving the Modern, Fresh and Creative Asian Cuisine – Coca Chu is definitely one of the most inviting and exciting places to eat on Hamilton Island.
Beef and Potato Curry – the aromatic curry was delicious with beef cheeks that were so tender. Loved the sweetness from the pineapple however they need to increase the spiciness of the curry to make it a perfect dish.
Other dishes without images (either I forgot or they were really bad photos… sorry!):
- Caramelized lamb shoulder – 500g of deliciousness. The fish sauce is slightly too sweet but nothing a few more slices of fresh chili didn’t fixed. Anything caramelized is a definitely a winner in my eyes.
- Sichuan half duck w chili coriander ginger – another sweet dish. Again all they had to do was add a few more fresh chilies then this is another almost perfect dish, after-all isn’t Sihuan cuisine all about bold and spicy flavors?
- Whitsunday bugs w cashew nuts – not a big fan of seafood so I gave this dish a missed but the boys were very satisfied.
- Twice cooked beef shin w sticky rice – a very interesting dish. Portion was larger then expected for a starter.
- Silkin tofu – Can’t go wrong with a healthy selection. Would have liked the tofu to be a little bit crunchier however the soy ginger dressing was deliciously sweet and tasty.
Services were friendly, genuine and full of food knowledge. I was lucky enough to receive a complimentary champa and had the lovely waiters serenaded for my 30th birthday. Definitely a lovely culinary experience/s!
“Talk doesn’t cook cook rice.” (Chinese Proverb)
Thanks for reading